At PRP, Portland’s growing, evolving music scene is one of our favorite things about the city. While many local bands have reached national stardom, our city continues to produce a wider array of genres and artists. Recording all of this musical output at a high standard often requires dedicated professionals and sophisticated equipment. In other words, this work needs recording studios!
We’re taking a look inside Portland’s recording studios and the work that they do with our guests this week:
- Matt Greco is a mixing engineer, producer and owner of The Rye Room recording studio here in Portland
- Adam Sweeney is the frontman for local band The Breaking and a recording engineer who is currently helping Vortex Music Magazine produce an issue all about recording studios in Portland (look for that on April 21st, 2018).
This week’s Biz503 hosts are:
- Andy Giegerich, Digital Managing Editor at Portland Business Journal, and
- Kevin Hahn, musician and owner of Opal Studio in Portland.
Tune in Friday Feb. 23 at 1:00 PM: 99.1 FM in the heart of Portland – and streaming worldwide at PRP.fm. And, a few days after broadcast, you’ll find the podcast available on demand at the Biz503 show page and on iTunes.
Thanks to Premium Websites for supporting Biz503!
Please check out our growing hive of podcasts here.
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 19: Vancouver Success Stories - May 25, 2018
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 18: More Than A Movie Theater - April 30, 2018
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 17: Marketing for Artists and Musicians - April 16, 2018