How can musicians make a living in Portland?
Biz503 brought together industry experts who know the answer to this question, along with some pitfalls aspiring rock stars face. Take advantage of this opportunity to tune in to our encore episode of “How can Musicians make it in the Music Biz?” when it airs this Friday, Nov. 18, and learn from the best.
Co-hosted by Portland Radio Project founder Rebecca Webb and local business leader Cindy Tortorici, our panel explored technological changes in music listening, challenges and opportunities musicians face and resources to help them navigate the DIY music scene.
Learn from some of the top Portland experts on the subject of making it as a musician, including:
- Lori Hughes Killen – Corporate Hotel Music Booker at McMenamins
- Jason Fellman – Musician, Manager, Promoter, Consultant at J-Fell Presents
- Jessicca Garcia – Manager for artist Amber Sweeney
- Chris Young – Editor-in-Chief and Founder of Vortex Magazine
- Peter Vaughan Shaver – Arts and Entertainment Attorney at Sound Advice
- Alisdair Lee – Producer at Honest Audio
- Andre Middleton – Community Services Coordinator at Regional Arts and Culture Council
- Portia Sabin – President of the independent record label Kill Rock Stars
You can ask your questions and offer your opinions on our Talk Board.
Join us this Friday at 1pm on #Biz503 for a lively panel discussion about the Business of Music. Tune into the stream at PRP.fm or join us at 99.1 fm in the heart of Portland.
A weekend of fantastic free resources for local musicians:
Listen to the encore episode here:
Or listen to the original episode, sponsored by Albina Community Bank, below:
Latest posts by Rebecca Webb (see all)
- Band of Comerados back at Shady Pines - February 27, 2019
- An Interview with Remarkable Deaf Singer Mandy Harvey - February 14, 2019
- Win Tickets to See Michelle Obama! - January 26, 2019