The tech industry, innovative and as it might see itself, has not always been the most modern in its views of gender within its own work. As if we needed more proof, the now infamous “Google memo” bears that out in an instant. But that begs the question: well, what do we do?
Today, we’re talking with two women who, we think, have some of the answers. They are pioneers of women’s empowerment in the tech industry, and they have salient advice for those both inside the industry and out.
This week’s Biz503 hosts:
- Wendy Kotila, Business Coach, Startup Mentor and Teacher
- Rebecca Webb, Co-Founder of Portland Radio Project
This week’s guests:
- Janice Levenhagen-Seeley, Founder and CEO of ChickTech
- Megan Bigelow, Co-Founder of PDX Women in Tech
Listen to Biz503 Fridays, 1:00 pm. at 99.1 FM in the heart of Portland, or stream from anywhere worldwide at PRP.fm. If you miss the broadcast, you can listen to the podcast here on the Monday following the broadcast.
Thanks to Premium Websites for supporting Biz503!
Please check out our growing hive of podcasts here.
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 10: OR Winter Sports Industry - January 8, 2018
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 7: Empowering Women in Tech - December 1, 2017
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 6: The Portland Mercado, A Year and a Half In - November 17, 2017