Last chance to be Portland’s funniest person!
Helium Comedy Club is hosting the final night of competition that has winnowed a spreadsheet full of hams into 12 finalists who will battle for the Portland’s Funniest Person title tonight. First judged by audiences, tonight’s final round will take on a faux-serious tone when a panel of official judges rates the comics.
Contestants must be from the Portland area, where the comedy scene is flourishing. They must perform four to six minutes of original material. (Plagiarism disqualifies the contestant.)
Finalists include San Francisco transplant Amy Miller, skateboarder Sean Jordan, last-year’s first runner up Gabe Dinger, artist/photographer/journalist Jason Traeger, Christian Ricketts, Stephanie Purtle, Anthony Lopez, Bri Pruett, Adam Pasi, Jacob Christopher, Steven Wilbur and Curtis Cook.
Grand prize money of $1,000 is at stake.
For more details visit the Helium Comedy Club website.
- Contestants must be from Portland or the surrounding area.They must perform 4:30 – 6 minutes during preliminary rounds.
- Material must be original. If it is not, you will be disqualified
Latest posts by Rebecca Webb (see all)
- New Podcast: Artist Perspectives - April 29, 2019
- Band of Comerados back at Shady Pines - February 27, 2019
- An Interview with Remarkable Deaf Singer Mandy Harvey - February 14, 2019