Portland is home to a growing number of social entrepreneurs – business owners who make a social mission part if their bottom line. They saw a societal problem, and they saw business as a solution, as a way to actively address the problem at hand while also staying financially sustainable.
In this episode we’ll speak with a few of these entrepreneurs, and we’ll discuss their businesses and the motivations behind them. We’ll meet the founders of three socially-minded companies and learn how they turned their dream into a business that makes life better for people in Portland and beyond – and whose work may have a lasting impact for good in our world.
The week’s guests:
- Scott Hamlin, Founder and CEO of Looptworks
- Lili Yeo, Co-Founder and CEO of goumikids
- Tyrone Poole, Founder of NoAppFee.com
If you missed the broadcast, you can listen to the podcast:
Listen to Biz503 Fridays, 1:00 pm. at 99.1 FM in the heart of Portland, or stream from anywhere worldwide at PRP.fm.
Thanks to Premium Websites for supporting Biz503!
Please check out our growing hive of podcasts here.
Latest posts by Linn Davis (see all)
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 10: OR Winter Sports Industry - January 8, 2018
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 7: Empowering Women in Tech - December 1, 2017
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 6: The Portland Mercado, A Year and a Half In - November 17, 2017