Portland is home to a growing number of social entrepreneurs – business owners who make a social mission part if their bottom line. They saw a societal problem, and they saw business as a solution, as a way to actively address the problem at hand while also staying financially sustainable.
In this episode we’ll speak with a few of these entrepreneurs, and we’ll discuss their businesses and the motivations behind them. We’ll meet the founders of three socially-minded companies and learn how they turned their dream into a business that makes life better for people in Portland and beyond – and whose work may have a lasting impact for good in our world.
The week’s guests:
- Scott Hamlin, Founder and CEO of Looptworks
- Lili Yeo, Co-Founder and CEO of goumikids
- Tyrone Poole, Founder of NoAppFee.com
If you missed the broadcast, you can listen to the podcast:
Listen to Biz503 Fridays, 1:00 pm. at 99.1 FM in the heart of Portland, or stream from anywhere worldwide at PRP.fm.
Thanks to Premium Websites for supporting Biz503!
Please check out our growing hive of podcasts here.
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 10: OR Winter Sports Industry - January 8, 2018
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 7: Empowering Women in Tech - December 1, 2017
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 6: The Portland Mercado, A Year and a Half In - November 17, 2017