Depending on how they’re counted, Portland is home to about a dozen indie and art house movie theaters. They all occupy a special niche in their communities, and this week, we’re talking about three of them and their histories, their transformations, and what they offer in addition to being great places to see great films.
Our guests this week are:
- Lani Jo Leigh, owner of The Clinton Street Theater
- Doug Whyte, executive director of The Hollywood Theatre
- Dannon Dripps and Julie Stewart, general manager and co-owner, respectively, at The Academy Theater.
Tune in Friday, May 4 at 1:00 PM: 99.1 FM in the heart of Portland – and streaming worldwide at PRP.fm. And, a few days after broadcast, you’ll find the podcast available on demand at the Biz503 show page and on iTunes.
Thanks to Premium Websites for supporting Biz503!
Please check out our growing hive of podcasts here.
Latest posts by Coby Hutzler (see all)
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 19: Vancouver Success Stories - May 25, 2018
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 18: More Than A Movie Theater - April 30, 2018
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 17: Marketing for Artists and Musicians - April 16, 2018