Portland has long been considered a mecca for alternative transportation, with a sprawling public transit system and years of notoriety as a top bicycle commuting city. However, worsening traffic and an increase in road fatalities are coming head-to-head with Portland’s transportation ideals.
In December of 2016, the city launched an initiative to eliminate traffic fatalities in Portland. that plan, called “Vision Zero,” focuses on street design, education and enforcement to make it safer to get around in Portland. This Friday on Biz503, we’re looking at the intersection where transportation goals, partnerships and small businesses come together.
Our panel this week:
- John Brady, Communications Director at the Portland Bureau of Transportation
- Elliot Njus, growth reporter at The Oregonian
- Romain Bonilla, Communications Director at The Street Trust
This week’s Biz503 hosts are:
- Mike Rogoway, business writer at The Oregonian, and
- Linda Weston, principal at the strategic consulting firm Rapporto.
Tune in Friday Mar. 9 at 1:00 PM: 99.1 FM in the heart of Portland – and streaming worldwide at PRP.fm. And, a few days after broadcast, you’ll find the podcast available on demand at the Biz503 show page and on iTunes.
Thanks to Premium Websites for supporting Biz503!
Please check out our growing hive of podcasts here.
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 19: Vancouver Success Stories - May 25, 2018
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 18: More Than A Movie Theater - April 30, 2018
- Biz503 Season 3 Episode 17: Marketing for Artists and Musicians - April 16, 2018