So you say you’ve worn out your copy of Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Well this week, in celebration of the 40th anniversary of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Sir Elton has released a 4-CD/1-DVD set with newly re-mastered versions of the original album, full of great deep tracks like “Love Lies Bleeding” and “All the Girls Love Alice” and probably best remembered for its mother lode of hits like “Bennie and the Jets,” “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,”
CD-2 is a compilation of Elton singles, B-sides, outtakes and rarities along with nine Goodbye Yellow Brick Road covers performed by various artists like The Band Perry, Imelda May, Grammy winner Miguel featuring Wale and PRP artist Ed Sheeran.
CDs-3 and -4 feature live performances from London’s Hammersmith Odeon. and if that’s not enough, the set rounds out with the Elton John and Bernie Taupin Say Goodbye to Norma Jean and Other Things DVD plus a deluxe 100-page hardcover book packed with new liner notes, and rare photos. The 4 CD/1 DVD set won’t break the bank either. It’s on Amazon for under sixty dollars and that includes shipping.
Don’t miss a great interview with the GYR players. And you can find the list of covers that appear on the reissue below:
- Ed Sheeran, Candle in the Wind
- Miguel featuring Wale, Bennie and the Jets
- Hunter Hayes, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- The Band Perry, Grey Seal
- John Grant, Sweet Painted Lady
- Emeli Sandé, All the Girls Love Alice
- Imelda May, Your Sister Can’t Twist (But She Can Rock and Roll)
- Fall Out Boy, Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting
- Zac Brown Band, Harmony