You’ve got till March 1st to comment on the final name for the new Portland-Milwaukie Light Rail Bridge. The public submitted more than 9,500 names, and now they’ve been whittled down to four:
- Abigail Scott Duniway Transit Bridge
- Cascadia Crossing Transit Bridge
- Tillicum Crossing Transit Bridge, or Bridge of the People
- Wy’east Transit Bridge
The Transit Bridge opens in September of next year, along with the entire Portland-Milwaukie Light Rail Transit Project. The bridge will carry transit, bicyclists and pedestrians, but no cars or trucks.
Go to TriMet to make a case for your choice. No word on when the final name will be announced.
- Investigation Implicates Pacific Air Research in Pesticide Spray - April 9, 2014
- Oregon Zoo Tiger Dies - March 25, 2014
- NSA Collecting All Phone Calls from One Country - March 20, 2014